For safety and stability, air springs are the perfect partner for your rear suspension when you are hauling heavy loads. Springs fit inside existing coil springs to help level your vehicle, improve braking and handling, and reduce tire wear.
- Provide extra support for your existing rear coil springs
- Fit inside existing coil spring suspension on your vehicle
- Keep your vehicle level when you are hauling a heavy load
- Improve steering control and balance
- Level your headlight beams
- Reduce tire wear
- Maintain even load distribution with air pressure, leveling off-center loads
- Air bags adjust manually, side to side, with individual inflation valves
- Enable more effective braking and handling
- Work under heavy loading and adverse road conditions
- Increase stability to promote a smoother ride and prevent bottoming out
- Made of durable, elastic polyurethane for years of comfort and stability
- Include all materials necessary for installation
- Brackets, air springs, hardware, air line and separate valves for manual inflation
- Switches and gauges, compressors, and air tanks (sold separately) are available for quick and easy air spring inflation/deflation from inside your vehicle
- Made in the USA
- Load-leveling capacity: at least 500 lbs (at most 1,000 lbs)
- Coil-Rite springs will not increase your vehicle’s weight-carrying capacity. Do not exceed the manufacturer’s recommended weight limit.
- Adjustable air pressure: 5 psi to 35 psi
- Limited lifetime warranty on air springs
- 2-Year limited warranty on hardware
Firestone Coil-Rite Air Spring Basics
Firestone Coil-Rite springs fit inside your existing rear coil springs to maximize the effectiveness of your suspension system. The added cushion provided by the air springs allows your vehicle to better handle a heavy load or trailer. Hauling heavy loads or towing a heavy trailer can make the rear of your vehicle sag and the front end rise. This puts more strain on your rear axle and reduces contact between your front tires and the road, causing problems with braking, steering control and traction. By adding air springs to your rear suspension, you can help to level your vehicle for more effective braking and handling under heavy loading or when you encounter adverse road conditions. The air springs also help to level your headlight beams and reduce wear on your tires.